Tags: affordable art, art contests, art giveaway, artists, free artwork, Instagram and art, pop surrealism
Oh hey, do you want a free piece of art by me?
I’m going to be doing a giveaway of a brand new original oil painting through my Instagram account, starting sometime this week. That’s right! Not a print, not a postcard set, not a print on canvas, but the real deal.
Follow me over at Instagram and stay tuned over there for the rules.
Don’t have an account? Well then this might be a good reason to start one, huh?
Tags: awful Americans, drinking games, first world problems, HGTV, House Hunters, House Hunters International
I finally put together my list for the HHI drinking game! My friends and I play it and it can get dangerous depending on the couple or the city they go to. So be careful, you might die of alcohol poisoning if you watch a more than three episodes.
- The master bedroom is kind of small
- Wow, a lot of stairs (yes you are in a medieval city in Europe!)
- How far is it to the city center?
- It’s right in the city center but it’s kind of noisey
- We plan on entertaining a lot
- Where would our guests stay? (I don’t think your family will make it to Guam very often, do you?)
- I need a space to work/write/study (It’s called a goddam couch!)
- I’m nervous about the kids and those stairs/that railing/that indoor balcony (Are your kids morons?)
- I don’t think I could fit my clothes in here
- This is enough space for my closet but I don’t know where his stuff would go
- No oven?
- The fridge is really small, I’m used to an American-sized one
- Open floorplan
- It’s got a lot of light
- It’s kind of dark
- This certainly isn’t the style of furniture I would pick. (Proceeds to replace furniture with the most pedestrian style ever)
- All the neighbors might be able to see me
- But that means I’d have to take public transit!?
- But I want old world charm
- I want something traditional that’s modern
- That tile has to go
- The kitchen is really small
- The laundry is right by the kitchen? That’s WEIRD
- The shower is kind of small
- I like these exposed beams
- Double sinks
- I can see us out here drinking coffee
- Can I walk to the beach from here?
- I need space to do yoga
- I left everything, my friends and family and the only town I knew all my life all for [insert partner] so IT’S DEFINITELY GOING TO BE AN ADJUSTMENT.
Tags: art I like, artists, contemporary art, Kristen Liu, Sara Cwynar, Travis Bedel
Tags: artists, modern portrait, oil painting, pet portrait, pets, portrait, portrait commissions
I was asked to do a portrait of my friend’s daughter and their two cats, one of whom, was nicknamed “baby horse” because he was so huge! Well, Wally died of old age shortly after I took photos of him for this painting, so I’m glad we got the ball rolling in-time to have this done. I decided to give him a fancy saddle, and placed him where he seemed to enjoy himself, outside in the garden. I wanted to go for a princess and her beasts vibe in this, which I hope I did!
This measures 11×14″ inches and is oil on panel.
This is one of those pieces that has been really difficult to photograph because of the small size and detail; I think I got the colors as close as I ever will to seeing it in person. Might be time for me to step it up and get a large format scanner.